Well, I’d be lying if I said life was all peaches and cream right now.
Focusing on gratitude really helped me see the humor in my crazy life this week. Yesterday was the icing on the cake! I watched tired, grumpy kiddos for a family who is going through the fires of fighting cancer. I ended up in the wrong place due to a GPS error. Traffic was horrendous. I’m a country gal. Hate traffic. A professional panhandler hit me up while I had said kids in the store. And the man in front of me bought every single avocado in the store — one of the big items on my grocery list.
To top things off, the cat vomited and my hubby tracked it all over unknowingly!
Let’s revisit the kids and chronic illness theme. As a parent, once you think you have figured out how to handle one stage, a new one hits. Multiply this time ten with the many different ways chronic illness effects children.
Time to fill up the love tanks. The kids just need someone who loves them through the crazy. Time. Attention. Hugs. Correction. Encouragement. Isn’t that the way the heavenly Father loves us?
- Love like the Father in Heaven. He does not ignore us or or need for correction. Hebrews 12:5-8
- He loves His children even when they don’t deserve it. Romans 5:8-9
- He loves to give good gifts to His children. James 1:17
- He showers us with love and mercy. Ephesians 2:4-7
- Our Heavenly Father listens to us and wants us to talk to Him! Matthew 6:6-13